USDC (US Dollar Coin) is a stablecoin backed by the US Dollar at a ratio of 1:1. It is a combination of Circle - a company specializing in peer-to-peer payment technology and Coinbase exchange.
Currently, USDC is the second largest stablecoin in the crypto market with a market capitalization of over $51 billion.
USDC’s issuer is committed to financial and operational transparency in exchange for the trust of its users. The two companies currently managing USDC, Circle and Coinbase, have been registered and licensed as a Money Services Business (MSB) with the US financial regulator FinCen. That means their financial books are subject to regular audits by reputable third parties.
- Stability, transparency, high liquidity, prestige
- USDC is issued and managed by well-known companies. This increases its credibility and reliability.
- USDC is being audited by Grant Thornton LLP - one of the top 10 auditing firms in the world. The audit report is also published monthly by Circle.
- Users can convert USD to USDC for free on Circle. The USDC to USD conversion fee is also free with the company’s partner banks.
- Trading with USDC is easy, fast and much cheaper than traditional fiat currency trading.
- Similar to other stablecoins, USDC serves as a haven against market volatility.
- Token name: USD Coin
- Ticker: USDC
- Token type: Stablecoin
- Blockchain: Solana, Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, …
- Token Standard: SPL, ERC-20, BEP20,…
- Contract: EPjFWdd5AufqSSqeM2qN1xzybapC8G4wEGGkZwyTDt1v (SPL)
- Total Supply: 51,861,355,887 USDC
Center Consortium has two founding members, the payment service provider Circle and the other company, the cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase.
Because USDC is a stable coin so the price is always around 1$